Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Laofan - never too old to start a blog

I ocassionally check the website of my first employer here in China. I am very grateful for "Laofan" and "Sun Bin." Recently, I found out and visited Laofan's blog!! There's a small line saying "never too old to start a blog"

It is really nice to find people with such achievement, social status, background to even find time do all these seemingly unnecessary essentials of life. Laofan is one of a kind and makes sure he lives life to the fullest.

He is your jack of all trade and master of all. He is currently a consultant for the Beijing Olympics. He can speak at least 7 languages fluently. Very organized, very social, extremely intelligent. I remembered when I started out as his assistant, he was complaining I didnt know how to use MS Word. He was very particular with the alignment, font type, margins, spaces between punctuation. An engineer at its best. I learned a lot of little details from him which I use now in my line of work.

Since I left Beijing, he has been running. Actually, I got into running because of him. He is running still now. He has joined a lot of marathons around Beijing. He is really really competitive and athletic. He is also very conscious with what he eats.

Sometimes, meeting such people keeps me grounded and reminds me that I should never think that I'm somebody. I keep meeting exemplary people and it enriches me as a person learning from them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home