Saturday, June 10, 2006

photo op

Okay, here I am again, getting that photo opportunity with a politician here in Shanghai. That's the benefit working abroad and being hosted by one of the biggest Filipino company here in China, the frequency and the chance that you meet the politicians back home is not difficult.

I invited Asel to join me and celebrate Independence Day. The speech of VP Noli de Castro was so long while everyone wants to get hold of the "cocktail" food which turned out to be real food! hahaha! Initially, Asel and I planned to check out the event and grab dinner elsewhere. But, because the food was superb, we didnt have to get dinner somewhere else...hehehe!

Celebrating Independence Day I think for a Filipino like me has lost its charm. Our VP was giving a speech how our economy is doing great with the fiscal control of the government and new tax collection scheme. I know that WE HAVE THE MONEY, but the problem is after its collection, where does it go?!?!?! The problem lies to the fact that the money which was collected is not spent wisely by the people in the seats. Am I being hypocritical here? Posting a pix with the VP and then criticizing his governance! hahaha!


Here's a pix of me and Asel with VP Noli De Castro. :D




1 Comments:

Blogger janahbanana said...

wow Marie!! you're a clebrity already!! wahahahah

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home