Monday, June 12, 2006

the prodigal son

I got a message yesterday from a friend in Beijing who is also acquainted with my brother saying that he was really SWEET---a statement I didnt expect to hear and was surprised by it. I'm beginning to see a new life for our prodigal son....

Our middle brother (eldest among the brothers) is the meekest, quietest, weirdest among the three. He was on strike and was trying to be rebellious by growing his hair so long achieving that "surfer" look and that perfect shampoo hair endorser. Aside from which, he deliberately didnt want to work for...hmmm...4 years since he graduated. He started growing his hair since graduation.

But now I think he is discovering himself, finding meaning in his life and whereelse?! in Beijing. He is studying Mandarin now. The funny thing is that he is learning how to dance SALSA. I never saw my brother being passionate in dancing. He was the most ignored in the family. His views were often neglected and didnt have the means to express himself. I'm happy for him! It may seem that his new found passion in dancing is really making him a better person. At least, he is really trying to perfect it with passion.

I'm very touched with his small gestures of filial love to us. Well, I havent had a real experience but when my brothers visited him in Beijing. He was concerned enough to bring them Wal Mart food...roasted chicken, hotdogs, microwave meals. He was never like that when we were together growing up. And now, from the friend, he got my sister architecture and desing magazines..and where else?! WAL MART. He's staying now with my friend in Beijing since he will start his short course of Mandarin. He got her a nice purse bag which my friend also find it very surprising.

A man with few words but with a big heart and full of surprises......I hope u find ur true self soon and walk this life happily!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home