Thursday, June 29, 2006

june is almost over

I'm preparing my trip back home for work and vacation. I'm itching terribly to dive. I wanted to plunge into the deep blue see and interact once more with the seemingly
'stress free' marine life.

June is almost done. Halfway through 2006. How fast time flies. I almost forgot to feature my dad for it's the month for dads.

I sent him a stamp collection through the help of my friend in HK! I owe him for his wonderful favor. I hope Papa received and appreciated it.

My relationship with dad is nothing like what u think daughters would be to a father. My sister and I never had the "daddy's girl" relationship with him. "Papa" as we call him, was never affectionate but his impression and love for us is shown in many ways.

Being away from home makes me think how lucky we are to have very open minded, fair, generous and supportive father. He never imposed on us what he wants us to do. He never scolded us when we commit mistakes. Rather, he does it "mentor-mentee" type. He gathers all of us to watch a Chinese sitcom together, national geographic, discovery channel. He always bought us an enormous amount of books to read during summer season. He never fails to buy us gifts whenever he was abroad. He brought home and calls for pizza delivery whenever we are all together at home. (I've realized that it is really a big effort on his part to do all of these. I never thought it would be too troublesome to get us those gifts. Being part of the workforce now, I dread going back home coz I need to prepare gifts.) He never complained whenever I asked him to solve very difficult trigonometry/mathematical problems (I really suck in Math).

He's not perfect but I think we should only think of the good deeds and how people around us has helped us be better people. Dad is like "air" to us. He is almost invisible and yet he is vital to our lives. Right now, being an adult myself, I begin to realize it is not easy to be a parent especially if u have no model to follow on to. I'm sure Papa is trying his best to make up for the lost time spent abroad since his work requires him to be in HK most of the time.

Thanks papa for all the things u've done to us. We are very very grateful and can never repay the toil and trouble u have done for us. We hope we can spend more time together and u can retire soon!:P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home