Thursday, September 21, 2006

globe trotter

Im excited. I'm traveling with an e-pal for the October holidays. Finally, I'll have my own backpacking experience at its best.

As the nickname indicates, he's currently traveling around the world, again AROUND the world. I'm humbled to know this guy having had the chance to chat up with him for just two days when he passed by Shanghai while he was committed with his plight to the world. He's turning 38, not married, very accomplished in terms of educational attainment and career. Impressive.

He is very sensible and down to earth. He's the most "not conform to society" person that I know so far. Of course, there are downsides to this based on society's standards as his personality is always conceived as weird, abnormal, crazy. He has developed his passion for photography and I myself was lucky enough to get some of the scrap/discard pictures he has. His image as a backpacker made me re-assess my lifestyle and affirm that being rich indeed is having less and still be happy about it. Sometimes being immersed in a very cosmopolitan city, it's very easy to get tempted to give in to consumerism. He is very practical with his spending and attest that one can travel the world comfortably with 10Kusd/year budget, do your math, check if u can keep up with that.

I've been "following" him on his travels, now, in Kyrgystan, and I've witnessed how many friends he has and who were joining him on his travels. One can just envy these friends of his to have the chance to get loads of info on anything that u can think of. He is very generous to share his knowledge on the world, humanity and himself.

Initially, I thought too this guy is ur geek/nerd/weirdo profile acquaintance. He may be falling into that category but I think he is more than that. He is very funny, in touch with his feelings, shared his disappointments, frustrations, excitement on love/family/friendships. He may have all those badge of "greatness" or being so accomplished but he's so grounded and very normal.

Same as you and me living this wonderful life, worked his laboratory for 7 yrs going from one mice to another is not an easy task, I guess he deserved this great journey on life and the world. I hope he finds what he is looking for soon. I'm sure he would love to hear your story. One careful reminder though, he can be sarcastic for those soft-hearted and very cynical.

If you want to know more about him, see his awesome pictures or travel with him. I'll hook u up just leave me a comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home