Tuesday, September 19, 2006

polka dot



Yuan Yuan in Chinese means 'circle.' Colleagues I have here in the company tagged my staff, 'polka dot.' She's really cute and very accomplished at her age.

She has worked for me for two months. I'm very happy that she's my assistant now. I dont think I could have gotten my import license without her help. I took her to Beijing with me. It gives me a feeling of accomplishment seeing authentic joy and smiles in people's lives. It makes sense living in this world knowing that u have somehow touched them.

Yuan Yuan is two years younger than me. She never got to go to college. She is originally from Anhui province but then her mom is Shanghainese so when she was 16 yrs old she was able to change her residency and move to bustling Shanghai. Immediately, she started to work for the company for 7yrs now. She married early as life being single is tough. As she said, live life "差不多" Marie -- means 'not too much'; 'just enough.' I think this is better explained as 'contentment' without being lukewarm. It's just difficult to strike the balance when enough is enough. It seems to negate the idea of 'passion.' It's just eye opening how people have different levels of what makes them happy. :)

It humbles me deeply how one can be so happy with so little things life gives them. It makes me more level headed that sometimes being passionate has a degree of 'enough.' Anything to the extreme is vicious. Let's keep that timid heart and learn when contentment is supposed to fill our hearts without being lukewarm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home