Tuesday, October 17, 2006

tying the knot in China

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am home again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am whole again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am young again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am fun again

However far away I will always love you
However long I stay I will always love you
Whatever words I say I will always love you
I will always love you

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am free again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am clean again

However far away I will always love you
However long I stay I will always love you
Whatever words I say I will always love you
I will always love you

This is the lyrics of "lovesong" by Cure. I happen to meet an interesting soon to be married Chinese couple named, Danny and Jessie. Very non-traditional late 20s couple here in China. Danny is an architect by day and plays as Bass guitarist during his free time. I didnt have an opportunity to chat up with his fiance since they were seriously rehearsing their "love song" which they will sing during their wedding day this coming November.

These are your new breed of Chinese young couples. Very independent, very 'western' (in terms of their tastes and lifestyle), very fashionable and financially secure. Unlike the usual traditional Chinese weddings which are kept within the bounds of the bride's house, Danny and Jessie wanted to proclaim to the 'world' their love. They are having a garden wedding in one of the posh villa in Shanghai. What surprises me so, Danny rented two elephants from Shanghai Zoo (very near the reception) which they will ride. How unconventional....first time did I hear such thing ever in my 27 yrs living here in this world. Ive heard of underwater diving, but renting elephants/?!?!?! that's not normal, to think, in China, even in Shanghai. I hope I get to join this wonderful celebration.

Amazing how people will try to proclaim their love for each other in varied ways.


Here's Danny and Jessie rehearsing their song.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home